Everything is homemade at Echo Valley Ranch and we take the utmost pride in creating organic, gourmet meals for our guests. At Echo Valley Ranch, we grow and produce much of our own ingredients which are turned into a variety of healthy, gourmet meals by our executive chef, Jason Folk. Our guests thoroughly enjoy their meals at our ranch as witnessed by their comments in our Tripadvisor reviews. We would like to share with you a favorite dessert of ours which is both decadent and easy to make-Lemon Cheesecake. Makes about 16 servings.
2 cups graham crumbs
2 Tbsp sugar
4 oz butter melted
1 kg cream cheese room temp
1 cup white sugar
4 medium eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 lemon zest and juice
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F (160°C). In a large bowl, stir together graham crumbs, sugar and butter until well moistened. Press onto the bottom of lightly greased 9 inch springform pan. Bake in the center of oven for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese until softened. Gradually beat in sugar and continue to beat for 3 minutes or until smooth and light, scraping down bowl twice.
- Reduce speed to low and beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down bowl often.
- Blend in lemon juice, zest, and vanilla. Pour over crust.
- Bake in centre of 325°F (160°C) oven for 1-1/4 hours or until shine disappears and edge is set yet centre still jiggles slightly. Turn off oven.
- Quickly run knife around edge of cake. Let cool in oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and transfer to rack; let cool completely. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days or overwrap with heavy-duty foil and freeze for up to 2 weeks.)